Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Pro-lifers Kicking a lion when its down.

User Profile
I don't mean this about all pro-lifers of course, because I know that there are a lot of good pro-life people out there. But I was on a yahoo answers a few minutes a go and a 22 year old woman posted a question on how she can get regretful abortion counseling. Almost everyone bashed her for it. I would send you the link but I reported so many of them they'd probably be deleted by the time you get to them.

But here is what the woman wrote:

"I'm 22 years old N not working n have depressive problems i had an abortion in August. The baby's dad left,My parents were against keeping it. i struggled to try to keep this baby i ended up not keeping it. I think about babies every day and when I think about it I cry. i Regret it so much. How do I deal with this!! Is a baby at 9 weeks still a baby?! I guess u can bash me and think I'm disgusting i hate myself. i want my baby back."

And these are some of the answers:

"It's too late, you already killed your baby."

"Too bad. You can't have it back. This disgusts me You should be ashamed of yourself. You will go to hell for this."

"You will never forget what you did, but you may be able to forgive yourself in time. you are 22, you shouldn't have let anyone pressure you into doing this. AND YES it is a baby."

Someone even posted this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bQG8v8kTGs

The video is what REALLY got me. Although this is very beautiful and well written/produced but that's enough to kill yourself don't you think? Especially if you already feel like crap. All I can ask is WHY????!!! Why would you do this AFTER it already happened?! There's no going back after an abortion so what pleasure do these people get in watching someone in pain? This is disgusting.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2010
Experienced User
Discusting and these repies make my stomach turn. I wouldn't refer to this as kicking a lion when it's down but instead kicking a kitten when it's down. Did anyone refer her to Rachels Vineyard?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Kicking a kitten is right. What's Rachel's Vineyard.
|

Experienced User
I don't know too much about it other than talking to different women who said it helped them. I don't know if it is religious or not. Here is the link I found:
http://www.rachelsvineyard.org/aboutus/our story.htm
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I don't think you should judge ANY GROUP based on the crap you read at Yahoo Answers. I think at least half of the awful comments you saw didn't come from the pro-life movement at all, but rather hateful bullies who troll around looking for the vulnerable just to be cruel to them.

The internet has created a wondrous playground for bullies who no longer have to risk a punch in the nose being vicious and hateful. Now they can sit safely behind a keyboard and do their best to drive depressed people to suicide. My advice to her (or anyone else) is not to ask advice on a place like YouTube or Yahoo Answers because those sites have been overrun by bullies. She should find a specific support group forum with moderators who work to keep buttholes like that away from their site.
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2010
Extremely eHealthy
The response about hell indicates that was a good love they neighbor forgiveness christian.. its no wonder I have such a hard time taking this belief pattern seriously.

Hopefully someone will point the poor woman in the right direction.
|

replied January 31st, 2010
Experienced User
Please note that a few unchristian statements do not color all christians. As far as your statement that someone will point in the right direction, how about YOU? Put your words into actions, usually works better than critisizing and judging.
|