Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Pressure on forehead

Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
User Profile
I have been having head pressure on the forehead, behind both of my ears and back of my head (by the neck) for two months. I have also noticed that I get a pulsating pain by my right temple. These symptoms occur while I am driving or walking and occasionally while I am sitting down. Also I get nausea after I eat and I am having more frequent burping throughout the day. I taken an MRI one month after these symptoms surfaced which came back negative for tumors. I been to a neurologist and he said that I have tension headaches. Now I have developed another symptoms: constant ringing in the right ear. Is it possible that tension headaches can also cause ringing in the ear? Is it possible that I got my MRI too early and tumor was too small to be detected and now since it has grown I am developing more symptoms?

Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank DoctorQuestion for this post: Sigma27 

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2009
Brain Cancer Answer A8248
It is highly unlikely that a tumor too small to be seen on a brain MRI is causing the symptoms that you describe.

Although I have not examined you, your description of your headaches is certainly consistent with tension headaches. Tinnitus, or a ringing sound on one or both ears, is very common, especially in people who have been exposed to loud noises, and is not likely to be directly related to your (presumed) tension headaches.

If your symptoms persist or worsen, then repeating a brain MRI in another 6 months might be considered. Meanwhile, you might also consider what stressors in your life can be modified or eliminated.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.