Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

pressure is average of 138-140/85-95

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
User Profile
Hi I am 31. my blood pressure is average of 138-140/85-95 most of the time. and my pulse is about 60. and i exercise 5 days a week like half and hour. Is the number gonna go down? should I be worried or any suggestions will be appreciated

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2011
High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Answer A23072
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Blood pressure variation is generally present throughout the day and 5 to 10 mm of fluctuation is usual.But considering your age average of 140 is on the higher side and needs to be evaluated.Some suggestions for you:
Continue daily exercise routine.
Have lots of fruits,salads,veggies in diet.
Avoid smoking,alcohol and stress.
Reduce your salt intake and avoid processed foods.
Reduce egg and meat intake to once a week.
After getting up in the morning take 2 to 3 cloves of garlic with lukewarm water.
If there is a family History of high BP or there is any other associated disease or you are on any drugs then you might require medications.
Keep a track of the BP recordings 3 to 4 times in a day for fortnight for evaluation.Consider visiting a Physician for clinical examination and investigations as Lipid Profile,Kidney function tests so that it can be decided whether medications are required considering all the factors in mind.

Hope it helps,
Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.