Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Pressure feeling behind knee

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
About 7 months ago I started noticing a pins and needle/burning feeling in my left leg, on the inside of the knee and calf, sometimes on the outside of the knee/various places on calf. This progressed to a feeling of intense pressure behind the knee. There was also a feeling, for instance when taking a shower, that I could 'feel' the water hit the back of my knee in a different way than the rest of my leg. I could feel my pants legs rubbing on it as well. I had a MRI done of my brain, lumbar spine and an ultrasound done on the leg, and nothing was found. My doctor supposed perhaps it was a baker's cyst, but no evidence of that was found. Eventually, most of the symptoms subsided, except for the exaggerated sensations I feel when water or my pants come in contact with the back of my knee. Lately, this has gotten much more pronounced, and it seems as if I can always feel pressure or some sort of exaggerated sensation behind the knee. Doctors are at a loss. I have had no accident or injury. I do think my left leg is functionally longer, due to scoliosis, but I have had that for many years. Any idea?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 13th, 2013
Im feeling the same right now have you had any answers?
|
Did you find this post helpful?