Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Pressure around bridge of nose

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
Since around 2003 I have experienced pressure around the bridge of my nose. Also each morning I wake up with an incredibly dry mouth which I also experience when drinking alcohol (as a result I have stopped drinking alcohol) and if I do not eat food for a number of hours. I also wake up with a headache which tends to subside during the day but is pretty much constant. In 2008 I finally went to see my GP who suspected sinusitis. Over the following 6 months I tried antibiotics, many nasal sprays and nasal drops all without success (with the exception of the very first spray that I tried which did improve matters but only for a few days). I have also tried nasal irrigation (a mix of water, salt and sodium bicarbonate)and a facial sauna but again no improvement. I was then referred to the local hospital where I have undergone both a CT scan and a rhinoscopy which both came back clear so sinusitis has now been ruled out. In the last 18 mts I have dramatically cut down on my cannabis intake.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2009
Headache and Migraines Answer A7665
Hello and welcome to eHealth Forum!

Dry mouth and dry throat and nasal passages are the side effects of cannabis. If your eyes are also dry then you can think of Sjogren’s syndrome as a possibility.

Headaches can be due to withdrawal symptoms due to decreasing the amount of cannabis or due to decreasing alcohol. It can also be due to high blood pressure or disturbed sleep. Since you wake up with a headache, poor sleep pattern can be the cause.

Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your doctor once. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.