Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Pressure and ringing in left ear

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
so my ears (both) started popping last friday evening, after a big argument with the gf. It would pop, then the pressure feeling like water has gotten in my ears. I would use the air pressure method that swimmers get water out of their ears like use the palm and push against the ear and it would feel better...
but then i woke up the next morning, my left ear feels like its completely blocked off from pressure, and my right one didnt feel too good either...

well since i am still a student at the university, i went to the health center and saw the resident nurse there (doctors arent there for the weekend)... she thinks my eustachian tube blocked off from allergies or something so she gave me psudofedrine, and i took it as directed.

then monday i saw the doctor, i didnt feel any improvements... she gave me MucinexD which is double dose of psudofedrine. I took it as directed and she prescribed me some drops - Acetasol OTIC b/c my ears always felt wet and she thinks theres fungal infection in there...

Now, I tested my body temperature and it feels a bit high (not fever level) but higher than normal... 36.9-37.0 C...

My right ear is fine now, but left still feels like it has pressure. I can pop both of my ears now from yawning and such. (so is my eustachian tube open now? if its open then why its still pressured and ringing?)

Anyone knows whats wrong?
Did you find this post helpful?
|