Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Prescription for 2 instant release drugs at the same time?

Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
I am curious if anyone else has ever been allowed to have more than two instant release amphetamine prescriptions at any given time. The two drugs that I would like to take are IR Dex and IR Adderall (without anything else -- as in, no XR drugs). My psychiatrist said he can only prescribe me one IR drug at a time. I'm not sure if he's not letting me get both for his own reasons (such as not wanting to look bad to the authorities for prescribing two IR drugs that could be abused) or if it is due to some sort of policy restriction beyond his control. Is it possible that a different psychiatrist might be under a different policy and would be able to prescribe these two drugs to me or is it the same everywhere?

(I would ask him directly but I have horrible communication with him -- yes, I'm in the process of looking for another.)

Does anyone know where I could look to read up on whatever existent policies there are on prescribing amphetamines in general?
Did you find this post helpful?
|