Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Chat Forum

preputioplasty

Must Read
The penis begins to lengthen during puberty. But just how long and wide will a penis become? When does the penis stop growing? And what is a "normal" penis s...
A penis grows in stages. Read more about when a penis starts and stops growing. And get the facts about penis enlargement. ...
Are you making a crucial mistake when you are measuring your penis? Read on to be sure that your penis measurement technique is correct. ...
Hi all,

i'm thinking of getting the above done, and was looking for people who've had it done in the past that i could talk to, maybe ask a few questions etc.

Shoot me a message and i'll give you my msn/yahoo/whatever

THanks

D
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 7th, 2009
hi mate,
i've had it done about 6days ago i had a preputioplasty/frenuluplasty, the op was fine and not too painfully.its still abit sore and does'nt look to well, altough it does seem looser already..its early days so,,if u want to give me a shout i can keep you updated.
|

replied October 17th, 2009
Im due to have a Preputioplasty/frenuluplasty next week...how many days do you think I will need to book off from work ?
|

replied February 27th, 2012
I can't belive there is no any answer from someone who had the procedure during 4 years. I have a 4 years old boy who got the procedure 4 days ago. He seems to have a lot of pain when he urinate and is awful to try to retract the foreskin. I just manage to do a little bit almost nothing. I don't know for how long he will be in pain and how long would be difficult to retract the foreskin I must do it according to the uroligist twice per day during 2 weeks and then twice per week. I regret I didn't choose the full circumcision. How the things are going I wouldn't be surprise If I have to do at the end a circumcision. For anybody on special parents who are wondering about the procedure I would like to say that is a real tortur each time I try to retract the foreskin. Anyone of you guys who were before can tell me how ended your experiences?
|

replied February 27th, 2012
Worried Mom.
I can't belive there is no any answer from someone who had the procedure during the last 4 years. I have a 4 years old boy who got the procedure 4 days ago. He has a lot of pain each time he urinates, every change of bandage is awful and even worse is to try to retract the foreskin. I just manage to do a little bit almost nothing. I don't know for how long he will be in pain and how long would be difficult to retract the foreskin I must do it according to the uroligist twice per day during 2 weeks and then twice per week. I regret I didn't choose the full circumcision. I remember the little smile of the doctor when I promesed him to do the retractions, that I was brave enough...how stupid I was. He knew how awful is it. On a sutil way he try to make us think better about this procedure and now I know why. How the things are going I wouldn't be surprise If I have to do at the end a circumcision. For anybody on special parents who are wondering about the procedure I would like to say that is a real tortur each time I try to retract the foreskin. Anyone of you guys who were before can tell me how ended your experiences? I promese once these two weeks has pass on I would post an update.
|

replied February 29th, 2012
Community Volunteer
I just typed in preputioplasty in Google search
and it brought up preputioplasty recover and healing.
Might be best to do a few searches but some say healing
time can be around 44 days.
|

Thank you. I apreciate your answer I couldn't find any information about healing time in preputioplasty, my doctor was not so specific. All what I found on internet but just about circumsision. Actualy there is a very good journal wich details each one of the 44 days of recovery from a circumsitiom. So It looks it will take as long as circumcision healing time.I honestly couldn't regret more choosing preputioplasty If is the same long suffer and you have to add the tortur of the foreskin retraction... pluss you loos the higiene benefits... the benifits left on preputioplasty are easiest masturbation, the suppossed more sensitivity (that some discuss with the longer erection and stronger orgasm of the circucised) and giving the chance to him to choose later on life. Well It's too late to regret I just have to try to do the best with what I choosed for him. Thanks again.
|

Community Volunteer
I think he will thank you in the long run.
|

replied March 8th, 2012
How I promessed to keep updated my personal experience with my 4 years old son. I will try to describe here what had happened since his surgery.

Once he woke up the pain was bad. They have to sleep him a little bit longer. When he woke up again he was fine for a couple of hours but later the pain came back. That terrible pain holded for a couple of days. During that time he was mostly laying on the sofa and didn't want to move.

On the third day he began playing almost normal again but still walking like you do when you came down from a horse after long horse riding.

About the foreskin retraction (adviced by the doctor twice per day during the first to weeks), It was hell on earth during the first 5 days. How the penis is so sollowed its was very dificult to see how much you retract.

If you are a parent who want to get the procedure must understand this is real tortur for your son and you must be cold as ice for doing it. My son bleeded a couple of times but not profusedly, I stoped when he started bleeding to much.

For urinating it was painful too. My son tryed to avoid going to the toilet what makes it get worse because the urine get strong (dirty). I tryed to put some local anesteshy cream before he pee.

On the 6 day there were no more pain urinating and neither retracting the foreskin and my boy was again playing and acting normal. For five days I was singing victory until it arrived the day 11th. On that moment the penis looks almost normal (just a bit sollowed) so I could really take a good look to the back of his penis, then I discovered that I haven't retract the foreskin well on the back. When I tryed to rectracted he started again with the agony screaming and crying.

Today (two weeks after the surgery) I went to control with the doctor because the awful pain continue during the four last days.

He checked him and told me that unluckily one side of his penis are fasted again. Almost all was lose except from that little part on the right side.

He told me that there is a chance It'll get lose but I have to still doing the retraction (tortur) twice per day during the hole next moth and If it's not lose we will have to put him under anesthesy again to lose it. I was very sad because I promesed him it was not going to be anymore necesary to do it twice per day but just twice per week.

My adviced for anyone who have to retract the foreskin check that you do it well all around, no mather If you can't see well how much you retract, just retract it from each side possible.

Check up and under the penis, try to change hands because I always used my right hand and I wonder If that was part of the problem that got lose from only one side.

Finaly If you are going to do it for your son It's better that someone strong (phisically and emotionally) retract the foreskin, that person must sit down on your son legs while another person hold your son hands and arms up and then start the retraction... do it on all the possible ways that will take around 3 to 5 minutes. I repeat... It's tortur, he will cry in agony. Again think twice before making your choise.

Good luck with the procedure for each one of you from the bottom of my hearth.
|

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2012
Experienced User
I had a Sleeve Resection Circumcision done last week. I had spoken to my surgeon previously about the possibility of having a prepucioplasty instead, but he said that surgeons these days aren't too keen on that procedure, as it's not always that successful, plus it's not that cosmetically appealing either.
|
Quick Reply