Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

pregnant with pain in vagina

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am 33 weeks pregnant and everytime I am laying in bed and I switch from my left side to my right side (or vise versa) I have a sharp and achy pain in my vagina. Its not a contraction, but it feels more like a pulled muscle almost. I never had a pain like this with during my first pregnancy. Anyone know what it could be or how to relieve it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 6th, 2009
pregnant with pain in vagina
I have no idea what causes this, but I am 20 weeks pregnant and am experiencing the exact same thing. Whenever I sneeze, cough, sit down, get up, roll over or even simply walking...I get a pain in my lower abdomen and now it has traveled down into my vagina. I asked my doctor and she suggested getting a "pregnancy belt" to help support the weight of my stomach. She thinks my belly is putting pressure on nerves and is causing pain.
|

replied March 11th, 2009
yep am 34 weeks and av got the excat same thing,mostly when im walking and the midwife told me it the baby putting pressure on my nerves.
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2009
Experienced User
i have the same, im 36 weeks. but mine is because the babies bum is sitting on my cervix (his breech) and because his bum first his dropped further down then a head first baby because is bum is more narrow then his head. its very painfull
|

replied March 24th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
I am 34 weeks. My gynae says it is normal as some ladies face this due to over working like bending, walking, stretching, exerting ur muscles. Its a liagarment/muscle pain.

Solution: Bed Rest and reduce stressing urself. u can get medicines from ur doctor.
|

replied November 28th, 2009
pain on my right side
I'm 32 weeks pregnant and experiencing pain on my right side it also feels like a pulled muscle .
|

replied November 30th, 2009
i am 29 weeks and have the exact same thing i havent gotten it checked out yet tho i also will get a really strong pain with alot of pressure when i first wake up every morning its sometimes puts me into tears
|

replied November 6th, 2011
i'm pregnant and don't know what to do about my pain
I'm 20 weeks pregnant with my fourth child and i am having lots of pressure in my vagina an sometimes it feels like i have to push the only other time i felt like this was when i was going to deliver but i know it's way to early have a week till i go in to the doctors. what is causing it?
|