Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Pregnant with incisional/ventral hernia

I am 6 months pregnant and have finally been diagnosed with a ventral hernia in a scar from a previous c-section. For months I complained about the bump, but I was routinely told it was no big deal, but when I saw another dr in the office he said it is a hernia - 7cm x 5cm in my csection scar. Now I am terrified that since they cannot operate on it until I deliver (which will now be via c-section again) that leaves almost 3 months for something to go wrong. At this point I have not seen the surgeon yet so I have no idea what they are going to do. Will they make me go on bed rest to take the pressure from my uterus off? Will they want to deliver a couple weeks early? I am terrified right now Sad Does anyone have any experience with incisional hernias during pregnancy?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi

I'm sorry I did not see this post sooner..Sad

Did you get any answers from the doctors about your hernia?

Congrats on the pregnancy..Smile
|

replied May 14th, 2008
^Serenity^ wrote:
Hi

I'm sorry I did not see this post sooner..Sad

Did you get any answers from the doctors about your hernia?

Congrats on the pregnancy..Smile

Thank you for the congrats!!

No need to apologize! No, I have not gotten any answers at all yet Razz
|

replied May 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I would recommend asking the doctor about the hernia, how they plan on repairing it after you give you birth to your little bundle of joy..Smile

If you have not done so yet please read the sticky at the top of the hernia forum about complications from the meshes.
Not only do the meshes cause problems but the tacks, sutures, staples are also a major problem people are having pain from because they are being put into nerves.
|