Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

pregnant with headache and pinching pain

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Hiii .. Today and Yesterday I have had this annoying head ache in the left of my head that keeps coming and going. It comes for a a few minutes to half hour then it goes. I have NO energy. I slept for about 3 hours today (lucky partner is home to watch the kids).. I also been getting (just yesterday and today) this kind of pinching pain up my left hand side.. I've had 2 kids already and i dont remember getting such a weird pain. Does anyone know what this is caused by & does anyone else get these headaches like i am? I dont normally get headaches!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Experiencing headaches and feeling fatigue during pregnancy are one of the most common discomforts.
Normal pregnancy changes, especially during the first trimester are responsible for having more frequent headaches.

Do you get brief, sharp, severe jabbing pains about the head that occur either as single episodes or as brief repeated volleys?
Does the pain resembles a stab from an icepick, nail, or needle and typically lasts from a fraction of a second to 1 to 2 seconds?
Are these pains located around your eye, temple area and around the ear?
|

replied September 23rd, 2008
Reply to Mandms
The headaches have now gone, thankfully!! I still ocasionally get an ache that lasts a second. They are located around my eye, yes.
|

User Profile
replied September 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
The pain resembles a stab from an icepick, nail, or needle and typically lasts from a fraction of a second is known as idiopathic stabbing headache.
It may have the shortest duration of all known headaches.
The frequency of attacks varies immensely, ranging from 1 attack per year to 50 attacks per day.
|