Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

pregnancy symptoms after a hysterectomy?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hello.

I am a 28 year old woman, i have 3 beautiful children, but 2 years ago
my Doctor found cancerous cells on my cervix, and ended up doing a hysterectomy.
I never got all the details of what they took, but i do know they DID
leave my left Ovary.

Lately i have been having symptoms of pregnancy.
Morning Sickness
Swelling Belly
heartburn
Cravings
etc.

Is it possible that i am pregnant?

ANY AND ALL ADVICE IS appriciated!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2011
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

According to your symptoms two possibilities are there.If it was a partial Hysterctomy then rarely chances of pregnancy are present.Another possibility is of hormonal derangement after removal.
It requires a pelvic examination and investigations to rule out the exact cause.Consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Take Care1

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.