Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

pregnancy came back positive again! is this possible?

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
i had an abortion almost 4 weeks ago i have had alot of discharge sometimes it looks like its going to be my period and other times its just white.. I still havent got my period and i have had sex and did a pregnancy test and it has come back positive.. i am not on any contraception after my abortion do u think im pregnant again is this possible??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 8th, 2012
It is usual to have a positive pregnancy test for up to 6 weeks after abortion, it does not mean ur pregnant.
|

replied May 8th, 2012
If it continues for longer, u might need a D&C.
|

replied June 13th, 2012
it said that once u had an abortion u should use a barrier or protection when engaging in sexual intercourse until 1 month after your abortion, but its also possible that the PT remains positive 3-4weeks after abortion because of the hormones Hcg still circulating in your body., to make it sure, try to do ultrasound.
|

replied June 13th, 2012
it said that once u had an abortion u should use a barrier or protection when engaging in sexual intercourse until 1 month after your abortion, but its also possible that the PT remains positive 3-4weeks after abortion because of the hormones Hcg still circulating in your body., to make it sure, try to do ultrasound.
|