Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Q and A Forum

pregnancy after tubal and hysterectomy?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Hi my name is Michele im 45 I had my tubes tied in 1991 and under went a hysterectomy but i still have my ovaries i would like to is it possible for some one like to have a baby and if so how.I would love to see if I can have a baby for my new husband has any thing like this ever been done is it still possible for me to ave a dream like that come true .

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2011
Pregnancy Q and A Answer A20416
Hello and welcome to eHealth forum!

For this consult an infertility center in your area and your PCP. You will need to hire a womb to have a biological child (since your ovaries were retained). Your eggs and husband’s sperms will be fertilized and implanted into the hired womb. I am sorry but without a uterus, you cannot carry a pregnancy. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.