Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Health Insurance Forum

pregancy tubes untied

about 2 years ago i got my tubes tied and i want to untie them and will it cost a lot to have them untied and do insurance cover the procedure
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rhorton15
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2009
Community Volunteer
No, insurance will not cover the cost of having your tubes untied.
|

replied April 2nd, 2009
Is there any type of insurance that will cover even a portion on getting your tubes untied or can i set up a payment plan
|

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2009
Community Volunteer
Take your CAPS off...you come across as yelling.

Insurance will not cover a portion...

If you want to set up payment plans you will need to request that with you doctor / hospital and all others who would be involved in this process.

What would you do if you were able to get your tubes untied, set up payment plans (huge bill) and you find out you can't get pregnant (this is a possibility)
|

replied April 15th, 2009
zigemyster it really depends on her plan, you can't really just say "It doesnt" unless you have an outline of what her insurance will and will not pay. I would also assume though that it would not be covered, but like I said... Without actually seeing the outline of your coverage we cannot be sure. (Just assume it isn't) and im pretty sure you CAN get a payment plan scheduled, maybe not through your insurance company but maybe through your doctor. Hope that helps.
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2009
Community Volunteer
errakus,

I'm not new to this and I have yet to find a policy that will cover the cost or even a portion of having a woman's tubes untied/reversed.

I don't provide false hope.

Of course a payment plan would need to be made with the providers office if they agree to such. Reversal is not inexpensive and most want it paid for within a certain amount of time. How long would it take someone to pay a $10k bill?

However I would encourage anyone who has a question about their current coverage to read and understand their policy and if not, ask the insurance carrier benefit representative who would be able to clarify.
|

replied May 14th, 2009
Pregnancy Tubes untied
I had my tubes untied two years ago. My insurance at the time BCBS did cover the procedure in full. I paid only my copay.
|

replied June 29th, 2012
Thats what I have do the really cover it
|

replied October 10th, 2011
I had my tubes tied 6years ago and I was trying to see if I could fine someone to untied them with my insurance or for less then 10k
|

replied June 10th, 2012
getting tubes untided
i just want to get my tubes untied ... i been having irregular periods .. i would like to know how much everything would be if insurance would cover some or most or all of it and what i have to do ... my husband and i would love to have our 1s child together ... please if anyone have any information please message me thanks to all in advance
|
Tags: procedure
Quick Reply