Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

pre-menopausal and vaginal odour

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
hi i have read so many posts as regards vaginal odour (onion smell) and i too suffer from the same problem.
i noticed it was prominent just before the end of my period and blamed tampons of which i changed regular.
I have not had a period now for 3 months and 48 yrs old and this smell is constant and embarassing.
i have discussed this with my family doctor and there is no itching, but a white discharge and my urine very strong but no infection.
My strong urine is a side effect with my medication of fentanyl patches.
I refuse to wear undies as years ago i suffered thrush before and after my period and found this cured the problem so strictly commando.lol.
ive tried most remedies the others have tried and my doctor does,nt think there is a problem.
I wonder if my pre-menopause is the culprit and if so i wonder why my no one has mentioned it. Due to my back pain and not been in a personal relationship for 2 yrs i also know its not sexually related.
IF i visit friends or i have visitors i have to spray the toilet after i have urinated because of the strong urine and the smell of my vaginal area.
Im aware this is not a new question as such but there must be an answer?
Thankyou and i will press my doctor here in united kingom again.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper queenbee123
|

replied May 11th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Drink cranberry juice every day and this should eliminate it...Once I actually smelled like a sewer...Took care of it right away...Now I smell like a rose... Very Happy

Your medication could also have a bearing on this...I think the cranberry juice will help....

Take care,
Caroline
|
Users who thank JavaMissus for this post: ioka 

replied July 17th, 2009
Vaginal Odor
Thanks a million. I had hysterectomy 2 years ago. I am not sexual active for 3 years. I have no itching or discharge or foul urine smell. Just sewage smell that lasts all day about 2 hours after showering. My GYN didn;t see a problem.
Thanks for the cranberry juice. I can smell my self sitting at my desk at work so I am worrying if others are?
|