Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Pre-ejaculation and chances of pregnancy

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
I am interested in knowing the chances of getting pregnant by pre-ejaculatory secretion and if it always can contain sperm. I've searched this online, but have found different things regarding this question.
Also, what are the chances of getting pregnant from dry sex, if any? I read there is a chance of getting pregnant even with underwear on, as long as he had pre-ejaculatory secretion(no ejaculation)and after touching himself, touched the female's vulva. Is this true?

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 25th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The actual percentage varies a lot on how the pre-ejaculate is received by a woman, male fertility and potency. But unless you're deliberately injecting pre-cum into a woman's womb while she's ovulating you're looking at less than 1%.

Think of it this way Ejaculating in a woman is a lot like taking a 2 gallon bucket of pennies and tossing them at a woman ten feet away and seeing if she manages to catch any of them. having a woman externally exposed to pre-ejaculate is like dropping 2 pennies and seeing if a girl can catch them from 10 feet away (Drastically lower potency, inadvantageous insertion). Impregnating a woman through a cloth barrier would be like dropping two pennies with a chain-link fence in front of you and seeing if she can catch one of them from 10 feet away.
|

replied July 25th, 2009
So, as seen in many of the questions posted here:
A person, whose boyfriend had pre-ejaculatory secretion on his hand and touched her vulva, has a very low chance or its even impossible to get pregnant and has no reason to get plan B either.
|

replied December 4th, 2009
Thankyou! I was really worried that my girlfreind was pregnant but youve helped me understand that there is a really low chance of it. One question though:
How can you tell if she is pregnant? Can you tellwithin the first few days? She said she had a stomach ache before for about a minute but I think that she was just tired and hungry. But if she isnt and that is a sign then plz leave a comment! Thanks!
|

replied December 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
As far as I know the earliest you can have a reliable indication of pregnancy is 14 days out through a hormone test.
|

replied December 8th, 2009
Help
My gf and I had sex with a condom, but before that we were teasing each other and one tiny tiny drop of pre ejaculate was on my finger and I touched her around the vulva , i wasn't sticking fingers in her, i was just touching her above. Later we had sex with a condom, but I'm worried about possible pregnancy. Is there any chance? I mean, on tip of my finger was approximately 1/5 of total pre - ejaculate. Is there any risk? Just to mention, she was a virgin, and we had sex two days after her cycle bleeding stopped. Help?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Stevie_Ray
There's always a chance but touching a girl's neither with possibly pre-ejaculate on your finger is lower risk than penetration with a condom. She'll be just fine. Probably a good idea to keep wipes or a damp towel near the bed when you're fooling around. You want to be sure anything you're touching her with is clean not just for pregnancy risk prevention but also her health.
|

So there's no need to worry? That means no risk at all? Thanks a lot
|

Extremely eHealthy
I mean that there's no realistic risk. It's along the same lines as sitting fully clothed on a dirty hotel bed or swimming in a mixed-gender swimming pool. It's not scientifically impossible, it's just astronically unlikely.
|

replied December 11th, 2012
If one was to have unprotected sex whilst ovulating and the guy removes his penis from vaginal canal before ejaculation (just before). What are the chances if pregancy......
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
confuseddddddd,

The chances of getting pregnant using the withdrawal method are low, but not zero. The problem with this method is that it is unknown how much semen is actually deposited deep in the vagina.

It does take millions of sperm to get the process of fertilizaiton completed, so by having only a very tiny amount of sperm in the pre-ejaculate actually deposited in the vagina, the chance of pregnancy is pretty low.

However, again, it is not zero. And, eventually, using this method, the gentleman is going to miscalculate his timing and will end up ejaculation deep in the vagina. So, this is a very poor method of contraception. If you do not want to get pregnant, use other birth control (OCP, condoms, etc).

Good luck.
|

replied July 2nd, 2013
Help me
Hi. I just want to ask if my girl can get pregnant when we are having a sex, we used condom. But later on, we noticed that the condom broke. I am really worried that my pre-cum that the condom catched that has been leaked. Can she get pregnant with that? By the pre-cum?
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2013
Especially eHealthy
lovely28,

I am assuming from your message that you did NOT ejaculate inside of your girlfriend. And, that your question is if she can get pregnant from the tiny amount of semen that may have been deposited deeply into the vagina (due to the breaking of the condom).

It is extremely unlikely that a woman can get pregnant from this. There just is not enough sperm to get the job done. The problem is that is it not possible to know exactly how much semen was deposited in the vagina. Was it just a couple of drops or was it a full cc? Who knows?

So, again, it is very unlikely that your girlfriend would get pregnant from pre-ejaculate. If you are concerned, there is always the "morning after" pill, if it has not been too long since the encounter. Or you can wait to see if she misses a period (then do a pregnancy test).

Sorry there is not a better answer.

Wishing you the best. Good luck.
|

replied December 29th, 2013
My boyfriend rubbed his penis in my vagina area, pregnant?
My boyfriend rubbed his penis in my labia/vagina area, but didn't put the penis inside of me. I am not sure if my boyfriend had pre-ejeculation, because I put baby oil on his penis before doing it. I regret it and will be careful in the future. I even bought condoms right after for next time. . I am scared I am pregnant.
|

replied March 1st, 2014
Could rubbing cause pregnancy?
Hi. I also would like to know if the penis rubbing on the vagina would cause pregnancy? We were both naked. And im afraid precum can cause pregnancy. Is it possible? My boyfriend said he didnt ejaculate the night before and urinated several times before we got busy. Im scared bec we may have done it when i was fertile. Any chance? No intercourse was done. I am 3 days late? No symptoms so far just sore breasts sometimes. I took 2 PTs and they were negative. How likely is it??
|

replied July 19th, 2014
Did u actually get pregnant? Same thing here. So just curious
|

replied July 11th, 2014
I just to ask if there is a chance of being pregnant that my partner have intercourse 5 days after of my period.. My period start from June 23 and ends June 28..And on July 2 we are having a sexual intercourse but I did not feel like he penetrate and have a climax at all.. But I was curious about pre-ejaculation.Do you think I will be pregnant coz I was worried about it..
|

replied July 12th, 2014
Community Volunteer
Pre-ejaculate does not have any significant amount of healthy sperm.

On your 11th cycle day, you will very likely be fertile and have a 30% chance of getting pregnant if he ejaculates inside you.

Please be careful unless you want to have a baby!
|