Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Pounding pain in temple

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I've been experiencing headaches over the past 10yrs. All sinus and brain scans have come back normal. My pain usually is pounding on the temple, where i can feel the blood vessel pulsing. I take excedrin migraine almost daily for morning attacks. I use maxalt for migraine attacks. is there long term concern for taking this medication so much. Knowing the majority of my heads are on my temple does this translate to a certain type of headache

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2010
Headache and Migraines Answer A15670
Thanks for using this forum.....

Migraine is a chronic ailment....maxalt is quite safe drug...your headache is typical of migraine headache...what you can do is reduce the factors exaggerating the headache..that includes late night work,caffeine,excess alcohol,tobacco...you can reduce stress by following a good lifestyle...

take care...

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.