Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

pounding heart, nose bleed, ringing in my ears...

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
One morning after I had sex with a woman (it felt extremely and overly euphoric) I was very distraught about it, and when I woke up my heart just rate and I ended up in the hospital and had to be put on drugs to get my heart rate to slow down. After two days it finally did, and then I got a heart ablation done to get rid of an extra pathway. I was fine after that for about a year, then I started to have sort of out-of-body feelings that would be so weird I would have to leave work. Finally I saw a doctor and had many test done and was told that nothing seemed wrong with my heart, tho when I exercise (as shown on a stress test) my heart rate does take a while to come down. I still felt bad about every day and few weeks later I had a dream I was bleeding from my nose, and I woke up with a nose bleed and a pounding heart that really scared me. I then got cold all over. I went to the doctor and he put me on beta blockers. Since then I have felt much better, haven't had any more major symptoms. But since that morning when I woke up with that pounding heart and nose bleed, I have ringing in my ears all the time, and sometimes a runny nose for no reason. It's been 3 months. I had high blood pressure before I started beta blockers, but now its under control though I still feel bad somedays but the medicine helps. Sometimes I get out of body experiences where I just feel like I'm not myself, ringing ears, numbness all over my body where it feels strange to the touch and difficult to swallow. Bad depression some days. With fleeting thoughts. Sometimes bad ones. Strange dreams. I just don't feel like myself since the time I woke up with that nose bleed and heart pounding. I just feel different. I'm starting to get very agitated over all this and most of the time my anger is all that keeps me together. As a note, my mom does have high blood pressure and anxiety, but sometimes I think more may be going on with me, as well as anxiety.

About myself: I've always been on edge most of my life. worried about getting into trouble and doing what I can to avoid it, most of the time being 'uncool' I rarely make decisions and stick with them. When I make a decision I will be VERY headstrong about it then totally change directions, and be headstrong about that one. This happens with my hobbies also. I will stop talking to many of my friends, girlfriends to. I feel like my mind jumps around without me being able to control it. All this is really getting out of hand and sometimes it can become so overwhelming I'm not sure what I may do.

note: sometimes I think sex may have something to (but not not limited to by any means) do with all this, maybe an imbalance of chemicals. Also, I'm just not sure what tests will be good for all this. "Going to the doctor" doesn't help me. I already know that. I have been since my ablation. More and more I start to think it's neurological.
Did you find this post helpful?
|