Medical Questions > Parenting > Preschool Kids Forum

Potty-trained 3-1/2 year is suddenly pooping in his pants.

My 3-1/2 year old son has been fully potty-trained for over a year now. About 3 weeks he began pooping in his pants. This has become a daily occurrence. He still goes pee-pee in the potty like he normally does. I have tried asking him why he is pooping in his pants he tells me that he does not know why. He wants me to change him right away and tells me as soon as it happens and is embarrassed by it. I even put him in a diaper one time because I told him that if he can't go poop on the potty he needs to wear one. He cried and protested and took it off and grabbed a new pair of underwear. What can I do to get him to go poop on the potty again?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Kellykatrina,

Whevever he poops in the toliet give him a reward. Clap and praise him as well. Has he had any trauma, like are you leaving him alone with a babysitter or a relative? Sometimes children this age display sudden unusual behavior because of sexual abuse. Just keep your eye open.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|

replied February 23rd, 2011
My son has been potty trained snice June. He is 3.5 years and with in the last month he has started pooping in his pants. It seems like no matter what i try he dose it. I set him on the potty he gose, then i turn around and he's crying because he pooped on him self. I just dont know what to do aymore. Im tired and fustrated.
|
Tags: preschool
Quick Reply