Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

POTS symptoms

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have been experiencing many debilitating symptoms. So debilitating that I cannot attend school. In January 2007 I had a really bad cold, and it all went down hill from there. I started to get a really bad headache that didn't go away for 18 months. Was even put in hospital for DHE treatment which only made it worse, & heart rate went up to 190 while on it. Then the year 2008 I was diagnosed with POTS and am now being treated for it. But I still have so many symptoms including: tingling, numbness, anxiety, depression, sensitivity to the heat & cold, chills, cold sweats, hot flashes, extreme weakness & fatigue, ringing in ears, blurred vision, constant colds & what not, shortness of breath, dizziness, lightheadedness, joint pain, muscle tenderness, sharp, tingling, itchy, burning sensations, frequent urination, nausea, vertigo, heart palpitations, and so on...I have had an MRI done and it showed a lesion about the size of a dim I believe, in my right frontal lobe in the gray matter, which was where most of my headaches occurred. Please pray for me & everyone else with debilitating problems such as this. I would very much appreciate it! God Bless!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2010
POTS causes chronic conditions...any real help out there?
My Son has been sick for 12 years. It began with him getting GBS after taking a Hepatitis vaccine shot when he was 12. After GBS, he was diagnosed with POTS. This is a very severe condition. He was home schooled, passed the GED, and spent 5 years in college trying to complete 2 years (he was so sick). His condition is worse from November to May (we live in Ohio). His summers are better than fall and winter. Some things that have helped him from time to time are:
2 teaspoons of salt per day (helps build pressure)
lots of water (not soda) each day
When he has been admitted to the hospital, Marinol (marijuana substitute) has helped control the nausea and vomiting somewhat. But, most Docs don't like to prescribe marijuana or the substitute.
|

replied March 13th, 2012
POTS
Wow almost all of the same symptoms my son has. He has been dibilitatingly sick for six months now. He was tested, the nurse said he was "borderline". When I requested the report from the Dr. it said negative. Then when I looked at the readings of his POTS test, looks more borderline to me. I will have to have him re-tested. Thanks for your posts.
|