Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

post pain after lithotripsy

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
yesterday 05-03-2010 i had lithotripsy done in the right kidney. Now i am having pain in the right hip and proceeds towards my right leg. also i have pain in the lower ureter. though i am not taking any pain killer, somethimes the pain is unbearable. how long this pain will exist?.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2010
I have had this procedure done many times--again just 3 weeks ago. Pain is normal because the stone fragments are moving, which is painful. Your kidneys could be somewhat bruised/tender from the laser as well. I feel it in my kidneys, ureters, and bladder. After 3 weeks I am still passing fragments so have intermittent pain. Your doctor should have prescribed a pain med for you to take for the first few days at least. I've not experienced hip pain but would imagine it's from everything around that part being tramautized by the procedure,or maybe from laying on the hard operating table and your spine got misaligned.?? Pink tinged urine and pain are to expected for a few days. Good luck!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank mistikax for this post: suhasiniram 
Tags: kidney, hip, hip pain
Quick Reply