Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

post-flu chest/back pain

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
I had the flu, I have since recovered but towards the end of the illness i started to develop pain on the upper left side of my back. Now the pain only hurts at night, but I have difficulty breathing--I get a pain on my left side in my chest. Is this something I should be concerned about? I want to start running and working out but cant since I cant breathe.

I have no history of asthma.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

After a viral infection, residual symptoms of body ache may persist for a week or two, as a result of body weakness, resulting due to the infection.

This is a very common issue and nothing to be worried about.

Adequate rest and hydration will help, along with OTC medications like advil or tylenol to help the pain.

You might consider to start working out after 1 week, atleast after the resolution of the symptoms.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.