Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Post corneal transplant

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
I had a successful corneal transplant in my right eye in March, 2009. Stitches removed, one rejection averted. I'm still taking PredForte with Travatan (once a day both). The problem I've had for the last year or so is that, in the mornings - some days worse than others - the eye is "cloudy." I have halos around lights; basically, it looks like I'm in a fog. Usually, it goes away by late afternoon, but sometimes, it lasts until the evening. I know that I am not rejecting (Dr. confirmed). I have tried EVERY non-prescription moisturizing drop with no luck. I tried Muro 128 (Dr. approved) and it DOES help... sometimes. My ophthalmologist does not think it will realistically help. He doesn't see anything wrong and comments that this kind of thing "just happens" sometimes with transplants. However, this is REALLY bothering me. I am being fitted for hard contact lens (optometrist). She was the one who suggested the Muro. The issue is that when the vision is cloudy, the contact doesn't matter. Does ANYONE have this experience or is there a Dr. out there who can suggest something else? Much thanks in advance.
Did you find this post helpful?
|