Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

post-appendectomy pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
It's been 5 weeks since I had my lap appendectomy (was let out the next morning). After 3-4 weeks, I felt great, practically 100%.

Recently, I lifted some heavy objects (three 15-20 pound stacks nearly 2 weeks ago, one 50+ pounds a week ago today), and had a long car ride in which I didn't urinate for a long time and was in a lot of pain because of it. Ever since then, I've been experiencing on and off discomfort, everywhere from near my belly button, a little below (a little above), lower right quadrant, upper right quadrant, right hip, right side of my back, and every once in a while on the lower left side. The pain seems to be worse (although it's never excruciatingly painful) when I'm sitting in a chair. Also, I guess a minor factor would be that my allergies began around this time and I was sneezing rather frequently.

Everything else is normal. No nausea (only when I thought about it too much, I made myself nauseous Smile ), normal bowel movements, normal urination, no fever, nothing.

The obvious answer seems to be I definitely over-extended myself, and need to take it easy for a little while. But I would like to know if anyone was in a similar situation, and if they just needed to take it easy for the pain to go away.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 24th, 2009
had a similar problem on and off how long exactly does it take to be healed completely?was on a long road trip with alot of bumps and that effect caused a pain and the scar seemed to have a reddish look and prior to that it was healing fine ,any suggestions anyone??
|

replied June 4th, 2010
Hi. My girlfriend has had similar problems and out of curiosity i've been looking around for a diagnosis. yet to find anything. all this stuff just seems to baffle doctors.
J
|