Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

Possibly hypothyroid ?

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
I'm a 26 year old female who is obese though not morbidly. I eat well and get get some exercise (though not as much as I should). Recently I've been having symptoms that I'm concerned are linked to hypothyroidism but the last time I had bloodwork done (3/2009) my TSH was in the normal range. I have been having more frequent headaches, an inability to lose weight despite eating less and exercising more, increased depression and a slight tremor in one of my hands. I have also had a goiter (not noticeable unless you actually feel my neck) for over a year now and my grandmother had hypothyroidism. When I had TSH checked in March it was 3.55 but just a year prior to that it was only 1.63, is it possible that it is slowly increasing and this is causing my symptoms?
Also of note is that my potassium fell from 3.8 in July 2008 to 3.3 in March 2009.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2009
Supporter
It sounds like you may need to see an Endocrinologist to be sure or a good Rheumatoligst..I am hypo and this came about after I had a large massed removed form my neck it was suppose to be small but once they got in it was huge..You will most likelyneed to go on thyroid meds and this mayhelp with al the symptoms or most of htem..ks
|
Did you find this post helpful?