Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Possibly eating disorder ?

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Hello,

I am an 18 year old female, college student (Child and Youth worker program; first year), and weight approx. 190 pounds.

Could my behaviour indicate an eating disorder of some sort (not anorexia or bulemia as far as I can tell? Behaviour present for 1 1/2 + years:

I often consult health reccomendations and buy healthy food. I follow Canada's Food Guide and always aim to make healthy lunches and dinners. Excercise mainly consisting of short frequent work outs or walking. However:

- have extreme guilt about eating, but love cooking.
- I don't eat breakfast
- lack of eating, sometimes only having 1 -2 meals over a 2 day period
- Rarely eat lunch during the school week.
- I have a need to feel skinny and pretty
- I don't like eating in front of others unless I know they have a large appetite
- i have a large appetite
- have tried binging and purging in the past - not recent
- uses 1 -2 weight loss pils

I am also dignosed with boderline personality disorder. I am just seeking opinions until I can talk with a councelor for this and other issues.

Thank you for reading and hopefully responding,
Lizz
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 5th, 2009
Community Volunteer
There is nothing wrong with eating healthy HOWEVER feeling guilty about eating, not eating breakfast, only eating 1-2 meals within a 2 day period, rarely eat lunch during the week, feel the need to be skinny, using pills to lose weight....not good at all.

You main focus should be eating healthy. Eating breakfast is the most important meal of the day, a person needs to eat at least 3 times a day, if not then 2 would do once in a while. Pills to lose weight? You should increase your workouts to at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week, pills are a short term fix and can actually deplete your body of the nurtrients that it needs.

~Zig
|
Did you find this post helpful?