Medical Questions > Relationships > Ending a Relationship Forum

Possible to Save?

My girlfriend broke up with me about 3 weeks ago. Her reason were that she didn't love me the same way I loved her and didn't want to play me. We also had some issues with her parents. She told me she still wanted to be my "bestfriend."
She then started talking about how she was scared to open up to me and love because of her past 2 bf's who she thought she loved but they felt nothing towards her. I asked her to let me prove to her that I wouldn't hurt her like they did and she told me to give her time to think.

It's the 3rd week and we finally talked about it. She said, "ok honestly ive thought about what you said but the thing is i've take an ex back once and he hurt me as much the second time around and i dont wanna feel that way again. im not saying that youre just like him but its something that i promised myself id never do again. im sorry for making you wait so long"

Is this the end of the road for us, is there any chance I can talk to her and try to convince her not to be scared?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2009
Experienced User
Your honesty and integrity are your best weapons. If you truly love her then she will come back to you. I don't think this is the end of the road. Just be honest and she will realize you are different from others.
|

I've been honest 100% of the time and I do truly love her. I'm not sure what my next action would be, I don't know what to do.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Just let her know about your integrity and your pure love towards her. She will get many boyfriends in life but what she may get never again is true love. There is nothing greater than truth. Sorry for the philosophical thoughts.
|
Tags: back talk
Quick Reply