hi I'm 18 and my names Hunter, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if i'm paranoid or if i've possible inherited my grandfathers schizophrenia.
- Here's a Few things that make me think i may have
- often pondering over my life and its value,never comming up with much
- i often think of suicide
- hear voices like my mom calling for her dogs and other things i would normally hear but while i'm home alone
- i constantly have an inter monologue running in my head and sometimes i think of what im going to say and something totally different or negative comes out
- i sometimes cant spell or have trouble pronouncing words i know WELL!!
- i cant keep freinds and often see no point in gaining new ones
- expect for school im almost completely isolated from anyone, not that i need to be since i have purchased my own vehicle
- i have a girl friend and i cant seem to want to stay with her for long
- sometimes my mind and my mouth combined and i say 2 words at once
- there are more but none come yo mind
If anyone can give me some pointers i would be grateful
Greetings Hunter.. I'm Andrew. 21 years old. You sound like me, when I was younger. Before I was diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder. Which is a combination of Bipolar/Schizophrenia. (incase you didn't know). Anyway, with you hearing your mom when she isn't there, is not enough to actually diagnose you with schizophrenia. A lot of people hear commands, and even see things that aren't really there. So, if you could give us more details, if you can think of them, that'd be cool. But, if your constantly thinking of suicide, you need professional help, because that's not normal.
First and foremost, if it isn't destroying your life, then you don't have a problem at all, if it get's in the way immensely of your survival and happiness then you've got a problem.
Isolating one self isn't really a symptom of anything really, neither is suicidal tendencies, who wants to hang out with them anyway, not to mention suicidal thoughts creep into everyone of our lives. Especially when you get older, it's just a part of our lives, some just do it sooner that's all.
And all of the happy ones, or as some call it ignorant, think your the weird one, but slow and steady wins the race.
I would suggest in your case to study some type of art that you really enjoy and can't get enough of. The isolated when disciplined can accomplish great things, so get busy and make your life better.
Not wanting to stay in a relationship is not a symptom of anything, who cares about that, there are plenty of people doing that, not everyone has to do that or even want to.
It's possible that you may have something, but you only need to be prepared if something does go wrong, not worry about it all of the time, trust me if you had a psychosis you'd probably be in a hospital right now.
If you are worried about it then look up the signs of an actual psychosis and then if you have one then go to the hospital, that's it, that's all that there is to it.
If you are then you are, if you aren't then you aren't, no need to mill over it all of the time, and stop being so critical about yourself.