Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Possible Recurrent Hernia or Problems From Mesh?

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
About 6 years ago, I had a hernia that was around my fallopian tube, on the left side. It was repaired with mesh. Ever since that surgery I have had discomfort, and a little bit of pain whenever I run, lift, exercise, or do anything strenuous. Over the years I have called my surgeon numerous times, and about once a year he has done chortizone shots in my stomach, and said that pain is normal, and it is something that I am going to have to learn to live with, because it is always going to be there.

Well, over the past 2 months, the pain has become excrutiating. I cannot do anything, not even sit without severe stabbing pain. I have felt a slight bulge, but over the past week it has grown. Whenever I go from laying down to standing up, I feel a lot of pressure, and as the day goes on I have a lot of swelling all across my whole stomach. I have a small frame, so I can really tell a difference at the end of the day. I have been very very constipated. Also, whenever I lay down I have this weird bubbly, gurlgling that goes on right where the pain is. I can feel the gurgling when I put my hand on it as well, but this is only when I am laying down.

I am going to see my surgeon next week, but I am afraid that I may need to go sooner. The pain is very bad, and I just dont know if it could eb another hernia, a problem with the mesh, or something else going on? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|