Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Possible Mono?

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
I am a 16 year old high school student. Mono has been going around. Two of the girls on my sport team have had it and I share classes and sit next to both of them.

A couple of weeks ago, I started to feel more tired than usual. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't go to school. I just felt like I needed more sleep. And then last week, I developed a really bad sore throat. One of my tonsils was swollen and I had really bad hives at the back of my throat.

Today I slept the longest I ever have. I woke up at 7, but then went straight back to sleep and didn't get up until 12... I never sleep for that long. And then, later tonight, I started to feel dizzy. Like... I can't even walk without feeling imbalanced.

On the left side of my stomach, I don't feel pain, but it doesn't feel 'right' or 'normal'. Like, I don't feel anything on my right, but I feel -something- on my left.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to get Mono from two people that may have coughed or sneezed on you, but not from sharing drinks or kissing.

And do my symptoms make sense with mono?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 20th, 2009
Experienced User
Yes, See a Doctor to find out for sure
|
Did you find this post helpful?