Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Possible Lipomas On Rib Cage, possibly liposarcoma?

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
User Profile
I am 1 38 year old male, that has had "knots" under rib cage, and along my left breast for quite some time. They started out just on my rib cage and have spread along and under my left breast, down toward my waist, and toward the center of my chest. I had one removed from my side, and the doctor stated it "looked" like just a fatty lipoma, there was nothing to worry about and NO need to do pathology on it.

It has been about a year and a half since the removal of that lipoma, and I have started having a lot of pain along the other knots, and pain around heart area. My concern is that it was and is possibly liposarcoma, and the doctor was wrong. I am going to see my family doctor next month and plan on having him check it out.

I get a feeling like something is pulling on that side of my body when I breathe, and I have a hard time sleeping due to the pain these knots cause. Each and everyone of them is very very painful, even to the touch. What do you all think this may be? I am really really concerned, as there is cancer on both sides of my family.

UPDATED 7/16/2012 13:09 HOURS I also forgot to mention, that if someone touches my back, I also have excruciating pain along my side and across my back, especially my lower back. It hurts SO bad to have someone massage my back. It feels like my back is on fire when someone pushes in the least little bit. Can someone help me??? PLEASE ????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2012
Lumps on ribcage
This may be Dercum's disease.
|

replied June 27th, 2014
Absolutely sounds exactly like my problem, I suffer from lymphomas all over ribs,stomach, back,legs etc.....very rare according to doctors known to be dercums, good luck
|

replied June 27th, 2014
Absolutely sounds exactly like my problem, I suffer from lymphomas all over ribs,stomach, back,legs etc.....very rare according to doctors known to be dercums, good luck
|

replied June 27th, 2014
ALternate to Dercum's diagnosis
Please also look into Gardner's syndrome/FAP. I was diagnosed with Dercum's disease 2 years ago and now highly suspect a DDX of familial adenomatous polyposis (1:10000) or AFAP. The syndrome can present with lipomas, cysts, osteomas, many can be subtle. Have you had GI bleeding in stool? History of colon cancer in family? Get a GI scope ASAP.

Chris
|