Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Possible leukemia symptoms ?

Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
about seven years ago i was diagnosed with SLE, not wildly advanced but managed with antimalarials and pain killers. A couple of years ago my symptoms seemed to be getting worse but tests for lupus didnt support that it had got worse or advanced but nevertheless symptoms of sciatic pain, severe joint pain, headaches- bad migraines loss of balance and, dizziness started to take place. Odd other unexplained symptoms started to crop up, like not being able to stand on my right foot without pain, seeing physical movement in my lower intestine in an very obvious way ( looked like a baby kicking) i'm a medium framed woman, average body weight. I started to have pica and craved chalk, this prompted me to ask the doctor for blood tests which revealed dramatically low iron deficiency/anaemia, and supplements were prescribed. I am experiencing heavy blood loss, again unexplained. Most recently i was admitted into hospital with nerve pain from my head and down my right side of my body, so severe i couldnt comb or touch my hair on my head, just moving it caused me pain, they put me on anti convulsants ( epilepsy drugs)for nerve pain and amitriptyline more blood tests whilst in hospital revealed low zinc - supplements prescribed, and still low iron despite the supplements, this week two weeks after discharge, my rheumatolgist tells me tests taken a month ago for my lupus, show dramatically low vitamin d, supplements for this now supplied and also calcium carbonate ( i assume that's what the pica chalk craving was all about). I insisted on an xray of my right foot after a two year non diagnosis, this then revealed i have osteo arthritis in my right foot. right now i've begun to bleed for now apparent reason, although my pelvic area and tummy has been so inflamed of late i could hardly touch it or sit down properly ( do i have fibroids i wonder?) and my arms and hands are literally stinging with pain , i assume thats the low iron and the blood running through my veins ( not sure but took the high dose iron supplements to combat ). I feel like i'm falling apart , that all these one off symptons should not be seen seperately but together as an indicator of something more and i just wonder if they fit leukaemia? do they? what do you think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|