Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Possible I'm a Schizo ?

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
I'm 13 and I'm not very sociable, at all. I draw myself away from people, not to a point of anti-socialness, but almost. My thoughts seem to differ from others my age, while most girls think of drugs and such I'm usually thinking about death and alternate realities. My mother thinks my attitude is revolting because I wouldn't care if she, or others, were to die. On top of this all I'm starting to hallucinate and hear things. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't care if I had Schizophrenia, I'm wondering though.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 1st, 2009
Everyone wants to escape from reality! and whislt I am 32 and you may not listen to my situation, we all want to escape no matter what age, the extent varies slightly, the method even more slightly despite what you may think. I think to wish people to die is not a bad thing, because it is to wish them to another reality than what is, and I know too many people that would give that up, in a heart beat. LOVE is what we strive for, hope for, dream of. TOOO many people put the wrong kind of BEAUTY into love.It will come no matter what! It always happens as it is meant to.
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2009
Hi evergirl_890,

I would like to help and if you could answer these questions truthfully, that would be a good start.

How long have you been feeling like this? Do you feel that your future is hopeless? Do you enjoy your food? Do you experience any sleeping problem?

You say that you are hallucinating and hearing things - How often? Are the voices friendly, threatening, derogatory(speak badly of you), are they male or female?
Do you have visual hallucinations and what do they consist of?

How many siblings have you got? Are you the only one in the family who has these experiences?

Finally, do you find yourself avoiding social situations because of fear of possible embarassment , humiliation, or shame?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards,

Richard.
|