Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Possible hemorrhoids - bleeding ?

User Profile
hi am so worried at the moment, i first had heamorroids(external) when i was pregnant with my daughter, that was just over a year ago, i have tryed the cream as well as the tablets the you insert several times but nothing seems to be working my doctor/midwife never examined me they just assumed what it was and diagnosed me with these things. for the past couple of months every time i go to the toilet whether it be bowel movement or just urine, i bleed alot, sometimes it fills the toilet bowl, but i am too scared to know the outcome when i go to my doctor. my family as a history of irritable bowel, please help me, thanks for your time.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2009
Hemorrhoids Answer A7671
From the data that you provided, you like to know whether you are experiencing external hemorrhoids or any other medical condition.

According to the major symptom you describe, it seems likely that you are experiencing hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are swollen and painful varicose anal veins.
Hemorrhoids may usually appear during pregnancy or when someone is experiencing chronic constipation. Rectal bleeding is the major symptom. Itching and ab unpleasant feeling in the anal region also appear during cases of hemorrhoids. The pain usually manifests if the hemorrhoids are accompanied with thrombosis or hematoma in the anal region.

For a complete diagnosis of your condition you might consider having additional examinations such as physical examination or colonoscopy. Please keep in mind that I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or a qualified healthcare provider such as a gastroenterologist for diagnosis and treatment options.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hemorrhoids , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.