Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

possible heart attack?

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
I'm female,21 years old, low blood pressure, good diet (vegan), low cholestral, and i run about three miles per week so get plenty of exercise. I felt a sharp pain in my chest last thursday and then afterwards it felt like there was a tight band around my chest area. This has been on and off now for nearly a week, sometimes the pain radiates down my left arm and left shoulder. Ive monitered my heart rate throughout and it rarely goes over 70bpm, the only symptoms is this pain....i can't sleep on my side cause it feels like a crushing senstation. Does this sound like a possible heart attack?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2008
Community Volunteer (online)
I think if it were a heart attack, it wouldn't go on this long. It would also be accompanied by shortness of breath, nausea, etc. I wonder if it might be angina. Angina is chest pain or discomfort you get when your heart muscle does not get enough blood. It may feel like pressure or a squeezing pain in your chest. It may feel like indigestion. You may also feel pain in your shoulders, arms, neck, jaw or back. Here is a website with some info that may help you:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/angina. html

I would be sure to see your doctor with any kind of chest pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?