Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

possible gout?

Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....
after reading a lot of foot pain articles online, the only one that sounds about right is gout...

I had really bad pain in my foot around the "knuckle" area of the two toes nearest the pinky toe about 3 months ago, i went to the hospital as the pain was so intense i thought somehow i had broken a bone. they said it was inflammation of the joint and not to worry too much about it. the pain was starting to subside at the point of hospital visit and it went away a few days later. phew!

I am now lying in bed 3 months later with the exact same pain in the exact same area, it feels slightly swollen although hard to see with the eye, it is not red or hot and not affecting the big toe, well, not anywhere near as much as the part of my foot described, i cant put weight on it, it is not painful when at rest but moving my foot in bed can be just as painful as putting weight on it, i can hobble about with slight discomfort but this tends to hurt my leg after a while. i am 28 years old and i dont exactly lead a healthy lifestyle, i eat red meat and drink alcohol, smoke and rarely exercise, i do occasionally go through healthy periods of eating fruit and having soup and stuff. i am heavy at 17.5 stone but i am a big guy 6ft 3inch with a stocky build, what i am trying to say is i could do with losing a few pounds, but i am not properly fat

i am reluctant to go back to the hospital as i felt like an idiot the last time to the point were i said "sorry for wasting your time" any advice would be great as I am unsure where to turn and some of the information online is slightly worrying at this point
Did you find this post helpful?
|