Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Possible foreign object in throat ?

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hi, im new to these forums and hoping I can get some real professional help before I jump the gun and rush to the emergency room. Anyways around lunch time I cooked me some Malt o meal and i'm not sure but I think a piece of the box splinter sized cooked in and swallowed it it was small whatever it was. Anyways I am able to drink fluids down even been drinking warm tea with honey I don't feel scratchy down my throat or have the gag feeling other then a slight upset stomach possible from worrying about it as well as some anxiety. I can swallow fine there is no pain in my chest or neck and can clear my throat fine. I am scheduled for a barium swallow this thursday for some further problems related to GERD issues, so what I am asking is do I need to worry about the cardbord splinter that or should I not?
Did you find this post helpful?
|