Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Possible circulation obstruction

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
User Profile
been having a numbing tingling feeling in arm a little chest pain on right and left side and upper back but also ribs on right side sore to touch and pain in chest sometimes start when i turn a certain way... had 4 ekgs, series or cardiac enzymes and echocardiogram all came back good... nothing wrong with heart however still having problems. could this be from depo shot. started shortly after... it's not constant might happen a coulple of days and then go away for a week. family has heart issues in history.. So im confused dont know what to do now.....could the way i sleep have anything to do with? also I stopped taking my potassium pill for 3 months could that effect anything?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2009
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A8608
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You would like to know whether there can be a connection between the tingling in your arm, chest pain on both sides and the side of sleeping.

The pain that appears due to sleeping on the side are usually located around the shoulder and sometimes on the ribs. The pain is sudden and only appears when the individual moves the arm. Sometimes if the brachial nerve is pressed during sleeping a feeling of tingling and numbness may appear. Usually this kind of pain lasts two or three days. If an individual experiences tingling, numbness, pain, the arm is cold and a little swollen, this individual may have changes in the blood circulation and immediate treatment is required.

Given the data that you described, you may or may not be experiencing problems with the blood circulation. You may consider seeing a vascular surgeon to rule out circulation obstruction. You may also consider having an Echo Doppler examination of your arm. If everything comes back normal, you may consider changing the side you sleep on.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as a vascular surgeon for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.