Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Blood Disorders Forum

Possible burst blood vessel ?

Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
Yesterday some friends and I went outside to enjoy the weather and it got a little rough. The top of my left hand was hit pretty hard with a thick stick. I don't think it helped my friend was using her full strength either. I have taken worse blows than this, but they weren't ever on my hand before. If it was on my leg I think it would just be a bruise, but this is on the top of my hand. After the hit, I felt some pain there obviously, but it lasted for a while. I started to notice that the bruising and swelling was forming above a blood vessel. I even pressed down on it and it created an indention that went away in a few minutes. It's still a little sore, and there is the discoloration of greenish brown above it. I've never had a burst blood vessel anywhere that I know of so I don't know what to make of it. The swelling above it isn't noticeable, but there is deffinitely a lump there. I am probably over reacting, but I would rather take care of the problem now than wait later to find out just how much damage there is.
In any case, how would I know if this is a burst blood vessel or not? and can a alot of force cause one to burst? Hopefully, I just have a bruised hand.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper DreamFable
|

replied March 16th, 2009
Supporter
Sounds like a large bruise. Did you use antiseptic on the wound?
|

replied March 16th, 2009
No, but the bruise is gone. I'm pretty sure I didnt burst anything just curious if I could have or probably did. But all is well with my hand. My friends and I have learned our lesson. NO MORE STICKS! haha. But I still am curious about burst blood vessels. I did some research on them and couldn't really find anything on how to treat them. My friend said that they just kind of heal on their own. I've seen them in people's eyes or around that part of the face, but other than that no where else. I know they can happen else where in the body.
|

User Profile
replied September 30th, 2009
basically, yes, they do heal on their own. depending on WHERE they are, however you might have a mark... varicose vein, anyone? i have a blood clotting disorder, and i get superficial clots in vessels that bust all the time. they hurt like the dickens for a few minutes then start to itch (for me, anyway). glad your hand's ok. Smile
|

replied November 21st, 2011
Anemia and broken blood vessels
Does anyone know if broken blood vessels have anything to do with being Anemic
|
Quick Reply