Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Possible Brain Tumor

Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
Hi I am a 30 year old single mother of a one year old and I desperately need some information. Since early this year I have been having lighting type pain on the left side of my head - on the pain scale at its worst maybe a 3... the pain radiates around my eye brow and sometimes shots back to my ear... last week I was sent to the ER with those type pains, brief seconds of numbness in my foot... they released me and told me to go back to my doctor and have them run an MRI since they didn't think they would be able to diagnose me then... (We discussed brain tumor, blood clots, hemmorage etc. and they concluded it wasn't any of these elements... suggested MS)... So I went back to my doctor the next day and she scheduled an MRI for yesterday saying well we'll just rule out a brain tumor etc... now I'm at my wits end... are my symptoms similar to a brain tumor... I haven't been able to eat or sleep... my doctor said the test will take 2-3 days -- can anyone on this community help me??
Reported Report this Spam
Miscategorized
Abuse
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
How often do you have this headache?
Where does the headache usually start?
Is it accompanied with other symptoms, besides numbness in foot?
What's the duration of one typical headache attack?

Very small percent of patient with brain tumor have headache as a first and isolated symptom.
|

replied August 27th, 2008
Re:
The headache comes and goes - some weeks I have a couple but sometimes I go weeks at a time without one.

It starts above my left eye - flows my eye brow

One time I noticed my vision in my left eye felt like someone had exchanged the light bulb with a soft light bulb... but it only lasted for a few minutes and it was while I was working on the computer.

Sometimes it seconds, sometimes they last 30-45 mins. Mostly its random pain for 20-30 mins.. its not constant.
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you get these headaches as a single stab or a series of stabs (brief, sharp, severe jabbing pains)?
Do they appear always at the same areas of head?
|

replied November 9th, 2008
I'm not a doctor by any means, but I don't think you have to worry about a brain tumor! Smile I was diagnosed after having seizures, and just using examples of people I have met after my diagnosis, their first symptoms were: one sided visual blackouts, and gradual weakening of one limb, etc.
|

replied September 9th, 2009
Brain Tumor
My 17 yr old son has to get an MRI in a couple days. He also has stabbing headaches always in the same area of his head. Its worse when he bends over or is exercising. He also is having dizzy spells. Does this sound like a possible brain tumor. I am terrified.
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2009
Experienced User
I also have stabbing, shooting pain around my RIGHT eye, temple, ear, forehead. It does not come at a certain time each day, just random sudden pains in that area. I do find that it is worse in the evening or at night, but it does come during the day as well. I am really hoping it is just eye strain or something, but am also constantly worrying that it could be a brain tumour or aneurysm. Does anyone know what it could be?

I also get a lot of stabbing twinges of pain in the back of my neck and up into my head as well, always on the right side. At times, I've been having weird twinges down both my arms and sometimes into my hands as well. I'm getting pretty scared about it to the point where I'm convincing myself I have every bad thing in the book.
Note: I have had a lump underneath my skin at the back of my neck on the right side, right around the harline, near the middle of the neck for 4 or 5 years now and that is where all of the neck and back of head pain radiate from. (you can not notice the lump unless feeling for it). Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
|

replied January 14th, 2010
symptoms of brain cancer
Hi,

The most frequent symptoms of brain tumors include:

Headaches that tend to be worse in the morning and ease during the day
Seizures or convulsions
Nausea or vomiting
Weakness or loss of feeling in the arms or legs
Stumbling or lack of coordination in walking
Abnormal eye movements or changes in vision