Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

possible basal cell carcinoma

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I am new to this forum. Just went to the dermatologist due to a scar on my face that won't heal and he referred me to a plastic surgeon and said he thinks from how it looks, I may have basal cell carcinoma. My question is, I have had this issue for at least 3 to 4 years now. 6 or 7 years previously I had the scar biopsied and there was no cancer found. In the past 3 to 4 years, it started to scab more, bleed more, and yet, I neglected to go to get it looked at (denial?) If this turns out to be basal cell carcinoma, by waiting so long to get it looked at, did I just significantly increase my risks of it being worse, or harder to treat.
Did you find this post helpful?
|