Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

positive test 4 weeks after abortion

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
i got an abootion on may 15th. i had unprotected sex afterwards. on my 2 week check up the ultrasound came back fine, she prescribed me the nuvaring and advised to take a pregnancy test on june 13. i went to the store and bought a double pack i took the first one on the 10th and it was completely negative. i took the second one with my first morning urine this morning (the 13th) and there was a VERY faint line, you have to really look at it to see. then i went back to look at the one i took tues. and there was a darker line on it than the one i just took. now i heard something about an evaportion line showing up...i think that is what could be it bc that line was NOT there when i took it initally...
anyways..im worried and really need some advice!!
PLEASE HELP!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
YOU CANNOT LOOK A TESTS YOU TOOK DAYS AGO.

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE A LINE, it is called an evaporation line!!

You should only LOOK at a test up to 10 minutes after you took it.

You are most likely NOT pregnant at all.
|
Users who thank red72cup for this post: lucky9986 

replied June 13th, 2008
okay maybe i worded that wrong.. i know your not supposed to look at a test after 10 min....when i took the test on tuesday i am almost sure there was NO line there i checked to be sure....but the test i took this morning there was a faint faint line...now if the line was not there tuesday...why is it there now?? i mean i dont want to be pregnant...and i would never get another abortion, i would just think if i took the test tuesday if there was hormones left over it would show up..
|

replied June 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
If it is FAINT FAINT, then it may just simply be where a darker line would show up IF you were pregnant. You know what I am saying? There is a place where the ink would get darker, and maybe you are seeing that.

I had 2 abortions in 2 months, because I did get pregnant after my first abortion. I cannot use hormones, and my husband and I used condoms, and they did not break!

I would NOT think it is a negative thing to have more than one abortion.. One or 2 or 3 etc.. does not make a difference.. You have to do what is right for you in any situation.
|

User Profile
replied June 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hun the hormones from actually being pregnant can and will stay in your body... if she said test by the 13th Id wait till the 15th + I believe it can take a month or go to let go. Whether an abortion or miscarriage.

Also just to let you know it takes birth control a while to work into your system after begining it. So just because you recieved a form of BC doesnt mean it was effective in your body.
|