Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Positive test results after passing clots

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Around the 15th I took two pregnancy tests, both came out positive. At the time I was about a month and a week late in my cycle. On the 20th I started having light cramps and light bleeding; at around midnight on the 20th I passed something that looked similar to an umbilical chord, about an inch long, attached to some very red tissues. I assumed that I'd had a miscarriage. The bleeding continued, without cramps, until yesterday (the 24th). I decided to take another pregnancy test today to be sure that what had happened was what I thought had happened.
The part that confuses me is that the the two tests I took appeared to be positive again. What exactly might that mean? Did I lose a twin? Or are there still hormones running around in me that could be messing with the results?
Thanks for your help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
The hormone that the test looks for can stay in the blood and urine for a little while after miscarriage. It says that in the instructions. If you have more symptoms or if you are concerned, you should go to your gynecologist. The main thing to remember is that miscarriages, especially early on, are very common. I know that doesn't help the feeling of loss, but remember that a miscarriage doesn't mean that you can't get pregnant again and have a perfectly healthy baby.

Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?