Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Popped Blood Vessel in head

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I was doing leg press in the gym and everything was normal (regular weight, wasn't straining too much) and on my last rep I got the sharpest pain in on the right backside of my head. I felt a little dizzy and it was very sharp for about 5 minutes. Now it feels like a dull pain, throb, 45 minutes later. Is it a popped blood vessel in my head? Suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 20th, 2009
Community Volunteer
After the Natasha Richardson trauma, I would think you would have a hospital or emergency room, check this...I know that I would...

Just my thoughts,
Caroline
|

replied June 28th, 2009
Yes!!!!
hmm, I am very curious about this exact thing that happened to you because it sounds so similar to what has happened to me a number of times in recent years. I will be doing something like that, kind of straining, like a pushup or anything where I am kid of "clenching" my head/neck muscles, and then I get the thing that you described. Very sharp and scary feeling instantly, for a few seconds, and I get numb and dizzy kind of. And then it goes away fairly quickly. Anyways, have you found any answers with regards to this? I want to know if I should go to a doctor. Thanks.

Kevin
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2009
Supporter
First of all your body is trying to tell you something; you're pushing it too hard. Second, don't ignore these kinds of symptoms, get it check out by a doctor. It's better to be safe than sorry.
|

replied August 9th, 2009
Same Problem - Blood Vessel Pop?
Did you all have any answers for this? I have had the same thing, though not recently, however it strangely happens when I am laughing very hard...I will feel a burst in the back of my head which is very jarring, and then it will just numb out so I feel dizzy and as though liquid is dispersing in the back of my head
|

replied November 27th, 2009
i think i poped a vessel
so i was bending down 2 lay down but as i was doing this i was yelling for my dog and i felt a sharp pain on the right side of my head ,,,,near my tempal and it hurt so bad ... and stood up as fast as i could so it could stop hurting it and every time i lay down my on that side i hurts so bad ...and my mom thinks its bc i dont eat healthy and that i keep eating red meat and junk food ....by the way i am seventeen can any1 help me
|
Quick Reply