Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

4 Polyps found in colon

Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
During a colonoscopy to find out why my stomach has been hurting for several months on and off the doctor found and removed 4 polyps. I am only 43. He told me that this was not what was causing my pain, pretty much said it was IBS. Anyway, he said the polpys looked ok but they would send them for testing to make sure. My question is isnt it unusual for someone my age to have so many polpys and can the doctors normally tell by looking at the polyp that it is not cancerous. Test results should be in this week. I am worried sick
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 15th, 2010
Until you have the pathology results back, it is really best not to speculate as to whether or not the presence of these polyps is something to worry about.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.