Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Please tell me this is just OCD/anxiety

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Well I couldn't resist the compulsion to look up serial killers on the internet to see try and compare what I'm feeling to them. My doctor tells me this is anxiety/OCD however I am constantly doubting this despite knowing all it is, is anxiety as no serial killer/psychpath has ever been so distressed about their thoughts and been trying to compare symptoms etc.

Well this is gonna be a little private but I want to write about it anyway. I read about sexual motivated lust killers on wikipedia at first I was disgusted by the thought and everytime I had an intrusive thought I checked to see whether I was aroused by the thought. Slowly, slowly I started to have a sort of feeling of arousal which is increasing and now just feels like a tingling feeling that won't go away.

I looked it up online and found out that when someone with OCD is constantly checking whether they are aroused by a thoght they can begin feeling a sense of arousal despite not really being aroused.

I am now worrying I am a bad person and I am some sort of satistic freak because this sensation won't go away no matter how hard I try.

I have even been trying to m*sterbate alternating between thoughts of normal s*x and these intrusive violent thoughts to see whether I get more pleasure from the intrusive thoughts and last night I did get more pleasure so I was so nervous, anxious and was thinking that I have failed at life because I am becoming a satist and will hurt someone and go to jail for the rest of my life and this will put my family through so much pain. Please help how can i get rid of this sensation and thoughts which is ruining my life.

Please tell me this is just OCD/anxiety I don't want to hurt anyone and just want this to go away and this worst thing is I keep on imagining myself enjoying these thoughts. Please help and my doctor is away for two weeks now, I don't know what to do.

I just want this sensation to go away if it did I wouldn't be nervous/Anxious.
Did you find this post helpful?
|