Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Please please help! READ!!!

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
User Profile
So I am a teen mother an I'm not with my baby's father anymore, so obviously money is tight.

I was looking on the internet for Cheap Enfamil Lipil with Iron formula and didn't seem to have any luck

Anyone know?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2008
Community Volunteer
You can apply to WIC if you have a low enough income and they will set you up with vouchers for free food and formula. If you sign up at the formula website, like Similac and Enfamil, they usually send out coupons regularly to help with the cost of additional cans.

Enfamil usually sends out free sample cans of formula when the baby is born. If you sign up at your local freecycle (which can be found on the net) there may be a lot of moms on there who aren't going to use that formula because they are breastfeeding or using a different product.
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Definitely try WIC!
They will send you some free cans and also coupons as well. Even with that, it sometimes isn't enough. Do you try WIC?
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2008
Supporter
There are store brand formulas as well. They are the exact same thing!
But WIC is a must!
You apply for it where you apply for Medicaid coverage.
You can also get food stamps and/or housing.
They give you daycare vouchers too!
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2008
Supporter
Just another thought...

Is this child's father paying child support?????
It doesn't seem like he is. You need to make sure he supports this child too. It's his as well.
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Experienced User
I dunno if I'd qualify, cuz I live with my parents still.

No he's not technically paying, like under the courts...well as of right now, he's not paying s***, but he said that he's sending money, but we all know how that goes.

I dunno, I don't think I'd get much anyways.

Later on that a defintely though.
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
If you live in the state of CA I know forsure that if you go to the Wel Fair Office and ask for help they will give you food stamps, ca cash aid and help you get the child support you deserve.. They will do much more for you but that is all that is coming to my mind at this time sorry I can't be of anymore help. And even though you still live with your parents they really are not responsible for you that is if you are over 18. Also try to apply for WIC it is worth the shot I did and they help me out with milk, eggs, cheese, pennit butter, and juice.. And after I have the twins they can loan me a breast pump and or give me formula as for other things I am just not aware of what all they will help with I am not there yet..
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Supporter
Regardless of what you think you might get from child support, you need to get on top of this. It takes time to process. You might not get as much as you need, but it is better than nothing! At least it could cover the cost of formula and diapers.
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Experienced User
also you can apply for WIC whether you live with you parents or not. You definately sound like you will qualify. I'm not a teen mother but I do work a 40hr week job and I qualified so I know if you tried you might. I wish you lived near me because i have 11 cans of the Enfamil Lipil with iron that my son does not drink anymore. Smile I had to switch him to the Gentle Ease brand of Enfamil because he was having alot of gas. Please please contact your local WIC office or Health Dept and they can tell you if you qualify or not. It will definately save you lots of money. good luck!
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
If you don't qualify for WIC, definitely look into the store brand formulas. Both Target and Wal-Mart have store brands and they are the same as the name brands. All formulas have to meet the FDA standards so your child will be getting what they need. They're half the price. You get a 25 ounce can of powder for $12-$13.
|

replied August 12th, 2008
why dont you get formula in cosco brand or bj, they have same ingredients and very cheap. enfamil cost $30, it only cost 20 dollars and big one. all milk have same ingredients, you are just paying the brand..
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2008
Experienced User
it doesnt matter who you live with cause you and your child are considered a 2 person family.. so your parents shouldnt matter i lived with my husband our daughter and 7 other people and i got wic.. i live with my husband our daughter and 3 other men now and i still get wic cause the other people don't matter just the ones that are in your imediat family matter so try for wic cause it helps they give you what ever formula your baby needs. then move to cereal juice and baby food.. so it truelly is a life saver..
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2008
Supporter
Just wanted to add this tid bit of info:
You should seek court ordered child support no matter what you may think you might receive or not. I didn't think I would get very much child support, but the court ordered $800/month. It really helps with things like rent and food and gas and daycare.
With my income, the $800/month really makes up for his lost income.

Just thought I'd share.
|