Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

plavix after stroke

Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
plavix was prescribed because of a stroke. after taking plavis for 6 months is it safe to stop for 7 days in order to have an endoscopy and a colonoscopy ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2012
I wonder if you are also taking aspirin. Doctors vary in how long one should continue Plavix after various cardiovascular insults, and so it is difficult for me to simply answer your question. Assuming you are doing generally well, and assuming that your are also taking aspirin, I would tend to agree that it would be safe for you to discontinue the Plavix for 7 days.
Please be aware that I am unable to diagnose medical conditions online.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stroke , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.