Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Plantar Fasciitis people: have your pod check you for TTS

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
If you have a numb or burning feeling in your feet, have your podiatrist check you for TTS - tarsal tunnel syndrome. I was mis-diagnosed the last two years with plantar fasciitis by three different podiatrists, but I always thought it might be something else since my symptoms were not classic PF symptoms. The first step out of bed didn't cause foot pain; my heels or around my heels never hurt; it felt better walking barefoot. It is a numb/tingling/dull pain all over the bottom of my feet.

It is very easy for a podiatrist to check for TTS - they simply tap your tunnel and if you feel a shooting shock down your foot, you've got it. It's my understanding that you have to have an advanced case of TTS to be able to have that test show up positive. It can be confirmed by a electro test of your plantar nerve.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper skoozer
|